Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

10 years ago..

10 years ago I gave birth to beautiful baby boy! Our first boy after 3 girls!! We were soo surprised and so very excited!! His pregnancy was another hard pregnancy but not as bad as Liberty's. I spent time in the hospital and also got a IV put in and would go back and forth to the hospital for IV fluids. My futire SIL Debby was living with us so she helped keep the house up when she was off work and my mom and lil sister Clarissa came some to help also.  Our oldest who was 5,did the dishes and would keep the other two girls quiet while I slept. She has always been mature beyond her age. Guess God knew I needed that. When I was 3 months along they decided to try Zofran for my vomiting. It WORKED!! Zofran was just approved for pregnancy so I had never had it with my other kids. I don't know if cause it was knew for my body or if it was because I was 3 months along but it helped soo much with the vomiting. I called it the miracle pill. (it didn't work that way with Liberty's PG though). I carried him higher then my girls so my mom told me that I was probably having a boy. I really didn't think I was. I figured it was another girl. After all I had 3 so why not one more?? On the 31st of August labor began at 4am and was mild,very mild. Just tightening of the stomach. After a few hours I called the Dr to see what they thought. They said come right in,they were afraid I would have the baby at home because the day before I was dilated 4cm and 90%soft. So at around 10am we left our house. When I got to the hospital I was still a 4 but my bag of water was buldging so they had me go walk for 2 hrs. During that 2 hrs I felt tightening about every 2 minutes or so with a mildly painful contraction about every 15 minutes. We went and ate lunch and walked. I wasn't sure I was even in labor. There wasn't much for pain.After 2hrs they checked again and I was 6 cm. So they admitted me and then we walked down to visit my SIL Amanda who had just given birth to my nephew 3 days before via c-section. I still was having a hard time believing I was in labor. Then the Dr came in at around 5:30pm and broke my water and I was 7cm then. Everything seemed to be going slow but I still wasn't having any pain. I talked to my mom and she said "oh it wont be long though and it will be over". The Dr told me to go walk some more but I didn't want to. At 6:25 pm I looked at the clock and thought there is NO WAY I am having this baby tomorrow so I decided to go walk. When I sat up I felt the baby "fall" and then the contractions began to HURT. I still tried walking down the hall but couldn't walk really since the pains were coming without much for breaks. We went back to the room and my FIL called..I answered because Leon was using the bathroom. He said"no baby yet?" I said no but then a pain came so I threw the phone at Leon and said get a nurse. So he called for a nurse who checked and said that I was still 7cm. But then the DR came in and asked how things were..the nurse said she is still a 7 but the Dr said "nope,just look at her she is ready to push" So after 2 pushes and at 7:09pm our one and only little boy entered this world. The Dr said it's a boy and Leon and I both cried. Oh how excited we were to have a son after 3 girls! Shortly after his birth(about 10 min) Leon ran down to tell his sister he had a son:) Chancy Lyle weighed 7 lbs 1oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. Had blond hair and blue eyes..looking just like his daddy!!

 

3 comments:

  1. I remember that day very well!!! Love birth stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO hope my next birth story ends with the same success =)When you have five weeks left you begin to relive all your babies births again and again wondering whst this time will be like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I finally figured out how to comment!!!! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete