Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Momma!

Today we remember the day my dear Momma was born. She would of been 56 years old. She was the best Momma I could ever ask for. I have so many wonderful memories of her....running barefoot next to her in the garden when I was little, and as I grew older...walks around the berry field and then even older...walks down to BakerCreek Rd. We had so many chats while we walked.We baked , cooked and cleaned together too. She taught me so much while we chatted and visited...more then I knew at the time. But now those words of wisdom come floating back from time to time. Having our babies together will forever be a cherished time. Going to our Dr visits together...shopping at the mall after and getting the giggles in the elevator:) Oh, how many fond memories I have...hunting in the Blue Mountains...slipping and sliding in the dust behind Dad and climbing way up on a bare ridge and having Mom sit on me because she thought I would blow away in the strong wind:) 4 wheeler rides at the ranch, enjoying God's beauty..but the most cherished of all my time with her is when she shared about Jesus! Her faith in Him was simple but steady and strong! She taught me in her little ways about right and wrong and how Jesus died for me! She said" I cannot always be there with you but Jesus always is! I don't want you to not do something only because I might get upset but do what is right because Jesus says it is right! We will all one day, stand alone before Him and our parents can't save us"  WOW! what powerful words mom spoke that will stick with me forever! Thank you dear Lord for blessing me with a believing Momma for 30 years! I will ever be thankful!!!!

Happy Earth Birthday Momma! I will love you forever!!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Mom was a blessing to us. It is so nice have had her tell us that even if she wasn't here with us Jesus always would be!
    I had a dream that she was back and so I went and hugged her and told her that when she wasn't here I had wanted to do that so I was doing it now that she was back . I said,"I LOVE you!" and She looked into my eyes and said,"I KNOW, I KNOW!" It was a gift from God to get to do that even if it was a dream...Those whom we love are here. It can be so hard to look right in their eyes and tell them we love them, but if we do that we won't have to wish we had if God takes them home before us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good to us! What a blessings to have had that dream! And so true...we need to tell those we love that we do love them while we can :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me teary eyed for you! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. We arrived at the ranch around 1:30am on the 15th...Wow! So many memories came back being there! It was like visiting Mom. Very bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete