Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Be Encouraged!

I have a couple little stories to share that I hope will encourage you as they did me :)

I have a facebook and I try not be too personal on there but at times I am. I will share about my sadness..hurt and pain but I will share my joy as well. I try to be encouraging when I update my status but I know I fail at times. While a day or so ago I put up that many were in need of prayer and that I was praying for all who were in need even if  I didn't know their names ,but that God did. Then I shared on another day how I was missing my mom, my dad and family and the life we had before mom died. Later I was uncertain if I should have shared. Thinking it might of been discouraging and that people were probably sick of me sharing about mom etc. I even thought about deleting my post. Today I received a message from someone , this is part of what they said "I saw your post about praying for others and felt compelled to ask for personal prayer from a place I knew would be safe. I know we don't really know each other well but you felt safe (if that makes any sense?). Thank you for always being so open about your feelings on fb about your Mom and family. It really is encouraging and shows a personal side of you that I think people relate to and connect with. Thank you again for being that safe place, It was a gift that God gave you... sent to me"   I am humbled..God really does work in amazing ways. And here the devil was telling me not to share and to delete my post. We never know when God will use us. Always be ready and willing to shine HIS light! All honor and glory to God!!

Here is my other little story :) This morning I went to my bathroom cupboard and seen we had only 3 rolls of toilet paper. I thought "oh.boy now we need to figure out how to get some toilet paper".( in this house with SO many girls we go through toilet paper like crazy) I got up and just let it slip my mind. Not long later my sister pulls in and comes to the door with a Costco package of toilet paper. She asks" do you need toilet paper?" I said" Yes, how did you know?" Well she said God layed it on her heart that she should get us some toilet paper but she hadn't gone and gotten any yet. Then yesterday she sent her hubby to Costco to get their sons meds, and asked him to grab some diapers. Well he came home last night with no diapers but toilet paper. He mistakenly bought toilet paper instead of diapers. She then remembered and told hubby.." I know why you bought toilet paper, it's for Leon and Elisa" :)  So you see folks...God not only cares for the big things we need, He even cares about the little things like toilet paper :)

Be Encouraged..God cares!! :)

6 comments:

  1. very cool! love seeing God work! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I thought about posting about the "toilet paper" too, but I guess it was for you to share :) God IS amazingly good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same day that you wrote that you missed me and mom,etc. I had also tried to post on Facebook asking for prayer as that day was especially hard for me. I said it was one of those days when I needed a mom.I felt very alone and decided that I needed to share on Facebook as it was one of my only connections to Christians.Well, not even the phone or Internet would cooperate and it wouldn't post.I felt the same way...that maybe it was because I a was getting to personal and nobody wanted to hear about it anyway so I never re-posted it.
    To be honest reading this makes me feel confused. What is God teaching me...I sure have to be alone a lot. It is neat that God is showing you he cares. Pray for us over here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you are down and I wish you could of posted and received the same response as me. I do not understand why God does things the way He does but know I am praying for you all over there and so are all my family! We miss you guys and wish we could somehow ease what you are going through. With living alone..missing mom and big Mike etc. I am thankful that I helped someone without even knowing it but yet I feel bad that you couldn't receive the same encouragement. I am sorry and I am praying that God will send you a rainbow to brighten your day(s). Love you lots!

      Delete
    2. feel bad for you* that you couldn't get the same encouragement.. :)

      Delete
  4. Cool stories!Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete