As it nears the day that we will begin school books again, my thoughts go many places. Do I know what I am doing? Are my kids learning what is necessary? Is this new way of schooling really going to work? Am I just being crazy? Am I teaching my high school kids enough?
Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Deuteronomy 11:19 - And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
2 Timothy 3:16 - All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Proverbs 9:10 - The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy [is] understanding
Colossians 2:8 - Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ
So this is where I turn and where I will rest! All that matters is that I teach my kids of Jesus and His dying love. The shedding of His blood on the cross for our sins.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33
I am far from perfect .... I pray God will guide me always and that I will only do what will bring honor and glory to Him!! Let us pray for one another as we bring up our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Well said!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the Bible verses. I needed the reminder.
ReplyDelete