Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Update on life ...for Missy;)

Good Morning:) I decided I would finally do a lil update of our life. Felicity has done a few picture posts for me since I am no good with computer stuff and I can't stand trying to figure it all out.

The weather has been awesome so far this Fall. We are actually missing the rain a little. My kids keep asking when is it going to rain..I tell them don't you worry it will start soon enough and wont end for many months. It is very dry here though and rain would be nice, just wish that once it started it wouldn't rain for 9 months. The weather man is forcasting rain starting Friday and he is saying it will be a soaker. The kids and I have been stacking wood Leon and Chancy have split and cleaning up the yard etc. to get ready for rain.I went on a walk with my kids yesterday too...told them we need to get in walks outside while we can. It has cooled down now in the mornings so I have been having a fire burning in our wood stove in the mornings then I let it go out by afternoon. A few days ago it was 80*  but the last few days have been upper 60's* to mid 70's*. We are thankful for a beautiful Fall!!

We are LOVING our van!! We feel so blessed everytime we drive it. We get double the gas milage with it and so that is a huge plus!! It is so nice to know our rig will start and that I don't need to wonder if the brakes are going to go out..the door shuts, windows go down and it is quiet:)

School is going good. Kids seem to be enjoying it for the most part. Felicity and LaKaysha are doing a writing course from Vision Forum together and American History. At first they said it was boring and they weren't enjoying it but now they are starting to more. They said they are finally getting to the good stuff.:) Yes,Felicity has her diplomia but we felt Penn Foster didn't really teach much and since Felicity enjoys writing and history we figured she could do the courses too. We also bought a Law and Goverment course that they haven't started yet. Liberty loves Math-U-See and Easy Grammer. She also has really picked up on reading and wants to read out loud everyday, especially from the Bible. Every morning the kids and I read aloud from the Bible and sing. I have been trying to just relax and focus on "Bible" time more. It is all that matters in life and then all else will follow...Chancy is still doing well in all his subjects and of course LOVES to read so I limit his reading time. He also spends hours "hunting" , and playing cowboys and Indians. Liberty joins him in his fun alot lately. I know it won't be long and that too will end. Chancy is a very vocal person...he yells,sings and talks non stop. I was just telling Leon as we listened to Chancy sing(yell) in the shower that it won't be long and that is going to stop:( All of our kids are growing up and I have been fighting the desire to have a baby again. (say a prayer for me if you think of it..I hate it when I get this way) Daminika will be 13 on Sunday. So we will have 3 teenagers. Crazy how time has flown. Daminika still loves to knit/crochet(doing blankets,flowers,hats,scarves and right now she is doing a teddy bear) and she also draws, and she draws very well!! LaKaysha sews and is getting better and better at it.Each thing she sews is better then the last. She sews skirts and aprons and they turn out very nice!!She also paints and draws too,and does it very well! Just a few days ago both LaKaysha and Daminika were dressed in their pioneer dresses running around outside in the wind. I was happy to see them doing that but I know those days are coming to an end.

It seems life has been full of changes. Marissa now lives with us and so life has changed. We love having her here, she feels like one of ours.... but it does make so life as it once was, is gone. Felicity and LaKaysha no longer giggle and goof off with each other like before. Makes me sad. I dislike change but I am trying to trust that God knows and sees the big picture. Felicity works once a week(sometimes 2x) and Marissa volenteers with Marita cleaning at Clarissa's once a week. Both girls have been babysitting for Molly and Debby off and on too. Running to Sharleens to work on a birthday gift for Kaysha and stuff so it seems they are never home anymore. I don't feel ready to begin having kids gone alot...but guess God figures I am. We don't charge Marissa room and board but I have a deep cleaning list that her and the girls have been doing for me. So my house is finally getting a nice deep cleaning. Course they do it on days they are home which doesn't seem very often. Felicity loves to clean and organize and take pictures and edit them. She is now our photographer:) I don't mind...I can't seem to find the time to take pictures like I used to. Marissa loves History and shares many things she has learned with me. Of course all my kids join her in sharing.

I started Cleaning for Sue 2 weeks ago. The plan is to go every other Friday, so this Friday will be my 2nd time. It went good the first time anyways. If things get stressful I will have to stop going down there though. My kids and hubby come first!! And even Clarissa comes first before a "job". I also will stop going if Clarissa needs my help more. On top of cleaning I babysit whenever I am needed. For either Clint and Molly or Clarissa and Joey. Clint's boys were just here over night this past weekend. They are such cute kids.Jericho is loud and has lots to share. He makes me smile. Derringer is so quiet and sweet. Whispering to me whenever he needs to be changed or needs a drink. Lachlan is quiet but yet not. He jabbers in his baby talk and yells while playing. He is so cute!.. Of course all of Clarissa's kids melt my heart. I love speniding time with them. My heart sings when I hear Auntie I love you or Auntie I missed you!:)

Leon has been very busy with work. Working late most days. Also he has been working with Chancy building a fort,cutting,splitting and stacking wood. He also has been working on wood projects again. Building railings for the girls' treehouse.

Our house hasn't really been having any lookers. 2 weeks ago one came. So far everyone says we are about $20,000-$30,000 to high. It's just crazy because thats less then it cost us to build the house...and to think what we put into the place before we even got a loan makes me feel sick. I desire to sell and move away from here, sometimes it is so strong that I beg God for it to sell. So far no luck so now I am beginnning to think maybe God doesn't want us to move?? I  have been praying all along to accept whatever God's will is. Money is still tight and even tighter with a van payment....the logging money helped out with medical bills ,down payment on the van etc. and is mostly gone now. We thank God for sending the money at just the right time.

Praying this finds you all well. May God be with us all as we walk this road of life. Giving us HIS strength,comfort and peace! Love to you all!!

9 comments:

  1. Than you, thank you for the update! Sounds like your dry spell is about to end. We are all athirst here! I don' t want to go back to all that rain though. It is the darkness and the chills that come with the rain that bother me most.
    Our house sold! I will pray for you to have peace with whatever God has for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids were saying your place sold for sure and now there is a For Rent sign in front of it...Yes,I agree..it's the darkness and chills that bother me more than the actual rain. I hate it when it is so dark for so long. Thanks for prayers!

      Delete
    2. hmm...wierd. We were told they were going to remodle and live there.

      Delete
    3. I asked the kids about it more and they said the For Rent sign is there but part way covered up?? So not sure what thats all about..happy for you that it finally sold! :)

      Delete
  2. It's funny you say it is so dry. :) It doesn't seem dry to me, tho some of our grass is brown now and our tree has been losing some yellow/brown leaves, but it still has a lot of green leaves. But I supposed for around here, it is dry. Seems both me and Joey are dreading the dreary, wet winter and are dreaming of moving somewhere with more sun, Joey has been mentioning trial cities! That doesn't sound great to me and I know he is just talking. He seems to finally have a stable job after 4 years of tough times, so I'm sure we'll be sticking around here for some time to come (his boss promises he'll be kept busy through the winter). And he enjoys his job, too! Anyway, it was nice to read an update on your daily life, seems I often get out of the loop, here in my own little world. It is sad that I only see my family when I need something from you (you to babysit and the girls to clean) . Saw Mindy for the first time is so long on Sunday because she brought some food for our freezer, and that was mere seconds since they were on the way to church. I am mostly content seeing only Joey and my kids, but occasionally miss the years of family always being together. I guess we are our own little family now and its pretty great most days! Anyway, I guess I'm writing a book! LOL. Praying for you during your baby yearning days... hard to imagine being on that side of things. We all have our seasons of life and God is faithful always! Love you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too miss the days of family getting together...though like you I am content with just being with my lil family most of the time:) Course I do see Mindy on Sundays and Dad,Sue and Marita too...Yeah, it is dry for around here but not as dry as some places...thanks for the prayers!

      Delete
  3. Of course I meant Tri cities, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the update also...funny that we live right here and see each other every Sunday, but I still don't know all that's going on with you guys! Praying for acceptance in whatever God has planned for you in ALL things! (babies...house selling, moving...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah,crazy how we see each other every week but yet we don't really "talk". Guess with other people around and stuff it just goes that way.Thank you for the prayers! :)

      Delete