Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

What we are up to..

   The past weekend was not at all like normal. We got snow Thursday that led to Leon coming home early! That NEVER happens! He was home Friday through the weekend. We spent most of our day Friday over at Carson and Mindy's sledding. Mindy and I even went down together a couple of times.. :) We had lots of fun. It was nice to have a change of pace. Saturday was spent at home..Leon and kids played out in the snow. I didn't get to go out since we did not have enough snow clothes. Marissa went out too so that left me in the house. Sunday church was canceled and we kind a lazed around. Then Leon, myself, Liberty and Chancy went out and started building a snow fort. LaKaysha and Daminika joined us. (Felicity wasn't feeling well..she has a cough, chills etc.) Sunday was the first we could build a snow fort as the snow was just powder all the other days. Saturday evening and Sunday evenings were spent watching " America's Wars". We are really enjoying the series. We discovered that William Clarks older brother George Rogers Clark captured a bunch of forts during the "French and Indian War" :) This is a series we bought from Cabela's that covers all the wars of America up to 2004.
    Today we are back in the swing of things, doing school. We are beginning a new chapter in Farmer Boys unit study. We will be making soap sometime. I look forward to that. (I still need to order a soap base though and soap molds) I got bread rising. Monday is normally our bread baking day. The girls and I take turns making it. Today was my turn. Leon is back at work. He made it safely to the office before freezing rain started coming down. They are expecting it to warm up a lot today though and melt the ice.
   I am hoping to run down to town tomorrow. I need to grab ingredients to make pasty. LaKaysha wants pasty for her birthday. She will be 16 on weds. !! Crazy! I am also hoping to buy myself some under garments :) I am very much in need of them! Thanks to Clarissa I will be able to get some. (she paid us for babysitting last week) I never go down to town during the day..pretty much ever! Praying it goes well. I still fight anxiety a little with driving. THANK THE LORD I am much better though!!!
    Maybe I will post some snow pictures real soon. Gotta get my girls help on that :p
Hope this finds you all well! God's peace!



 I found a few pictures on the computer already of our snow! :)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a nice change of pace to spice up winter a little for you all! We are enjoying our tax return ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was nice! The older girls are tired of the snow already though..Chancy isn't. He says its MUCH nicer then rain. He spends a lot more time outside then they do. Liberty is enjoying it also. Not sure when we will get our tax return...Enjoy yours! :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, things have been different here, too, with Joey home from work. He was even home today, but just left to go look at some 15 passenger vans for sale in
    Portland. Joey might be able to trade our van in and pay the rest for a "new" van! We got our tax refund last week, so trying to make wise choices on how to spend it.
    Joey went to get a new window blind for the boys room (it was broken when we moved in, so we had a sheet hung) and a new kitchen faucet (not working properly since we moved in)... I cleaned the bathrooms while he was gone this morning, and now I should finish cleaning the kitchen floor, etc. while he is gone now.
    Anyway... very pretty pictures! Oh, and I am glad you are using the babysitting money for yourself! You should be every time, but I know it's not always possible... anyway, hopefully you can get more than just underclothes! lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to get more then underclothes too..but they can be so spendy! Trying not to get my hopes up too much..LOL Thanks again! Praying you guys can find a van just right for you!

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the snow & sledding & can go down & spend some money on yourself for a change :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will be kind a fun shopping..at least I am hoping so :)

      Delete