What Book Is On Your Nightstand Now?
Right now besides my Bible I have two... "Saving Graces: The Inspirational Writings of Laura Ingalls Wilder" and "The Little House Cook Book" by Barbara M. Walker. After all these years (I started reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder books when I was in 2nd grade) I still get a tickle belly when I read about her and her books :)
What Was the Last Truly Great Book You Read?
"Saving Graces: The Inspirational Writings of Laura Ingalls Wilder". Yes, it's currently on my nightstand, but I have read it before :)
If You Could Meet Any Writer - Dead or Alive - Who Would It Be? And What Would You Want To Know?
Laura Ingalls Wilder. I would LOVE to hear from her what it was like growing up in the pioneer era! Besides Laura I would like to meet Corrie Ten Boom! She is an inspiration! And it would be so interesting to hear from her first hand, her experiences :)
What Books Might We Be Surprised to Find On Your Shelves?
Umm, I don't think there is any. People who know me would not be surprised by any. Its full of History books like the Pioneer era and World War 11, Homeschool guide books, Pioneer era fiction etc.
How Do You Organize Your Personal Library?
Pioneer era at the top, ( along with my homeschool guide books, followed by all our World War 11 history books and any other war books, then Children's/youth historical books... :) ( All our Louis L'Amour Books are on another shelf in Chancy's room)
What Book Have You Always Meant to Read But Haven't Got Around Yet?
Mmmm I can't think of any...
Anything You Feel Embarrassed Never to Have Read?
"Little Women" :P I just can't get into it but wish I could.
Disappointing, Overrated, Just Not Good: What Book Did You Feel You Are Supposed to Like But Didn't? (I wouldn't say I was "Supposed" to like them but....) "The Mark of the Lion" series. (sorry to those who loved them. They just were not for me)
Do You Remember the Last Book You Put Down Without Finishing?
"Little Women"... they use to many strange words :P
What Kind Of Stories Are You Drawn To? Any You Stay Clear Of?
I love anything pioneer era, World War 11 or anything History. Non-fiction or fiction. I also enjoy reading Louis LA' Moure books..... I stay away from anything that goes against God's word . I also do not like anything that is too modern or uses old English :P
If You Could Require The President to Read One Book, What Would It Be?
The Bible!
What Do You Plan to Read Next?
The Laura Ingalls series again!! :P I am planning on reading them aloud to my kids again.... Yes, can you tell I love them!!??



I have never read Little Women either. Some of those classics are difficult reads. But, I am currently reading Anne of Green Gables for the first time and am enjoying it!
ReplyDeleteSome of the classics are hard reads, but they sure are neat stories! Laura Ingalls Wilder's books are very inspiring and the always make me look for the good in life. I need to read them again!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed!! Little Woman is nothing compared to "Jane Eyre" or "Pride and Prejudice"! It's even easier than "Anne of Green Gables" ;)
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed Little Women, but couldn't get into Anne of Green Gables ... Go figure! Lol :-)
ReplyDelete