Liberty Ann :)
Saturday, August 27, 2011
7 years ago...
7 years ago I gave birth to a dark haired blue eyed baby girl....Oh what a long awaited blessing she was....Liberty Ann was born after only 3 hours of labor and delivery but a horrible pregnancy that I thought might never end. She was also born after a 3 year space..our biggest space. My mom was suffering from brain cancer and breast cancer when we found out we were expecting baby #5:) We were so very excited...I was worried that I would get too sick and not be able to help out at my moms. All of us sisters and SIL Debby were taking turns going to my moms to clean,bake,cook and help care for my younger sisters. I had very sick pregnancies before this with all 4 other babies but nothing could of prepared us for this pregnancy. By the time I was 6 days past my missed period I was vomiting many times a day..by the time I was 8 weeks I had been in the hospital MANY times, by 9 weeks I was admitted into the hospital for a 3 days stay that hooked me up to TPN.( I also took Zofran for about 7 months) I was then fed by TPN till I was about 5 months along...vomiting many times a day and night,blacking out,so weak I couldn't walk or talk above a whisper. Our oldest was 7 years old and she cared for all the other kids while Leon was at work and fed them and washed clothes. A lot for a 7 year old to have to do. Prior to TPN my SIL Amanda took my kids when I would go to the hospital or Leons Aunt would. Leons Aunts and my Aunt came and cleaned too along with one of my cousins. Once I got the TPN my sister Clarissa came and stayed for 2 weeks during the days to help out.The hospital wouldn't discharge me unless I had someone home with me. Thank you Clarissa from the bottom of my heart for coming and staying!! Thank you Amanda and others for your help too!! We were greatly blessed!! Many others helped too by bringing meals too but I can't remember all who did. It was a very hard dark time for me and I think also for my kids and Leon. Our oldest suffered with anxiety really bad once I was better,took along time to get her to relax. At the time I couldn't believe I would get well or that there really was even a baby in me...I felt soo alone and empty. I remember my mom telling me that when I felt so alone and sad to remember that was when God was the closest,caring me. It meant soo much for her to tell me that. I was sick the entire 9 months...so when the day finally came for her to finally be born we were soo excited and thankful!! She has been nothing but a joy since!! we love you Liberty Ann!!! May God bless you all the days of your life!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


carrying***
ReplyDeleteanother correction**we didn't find out my mom had breast cancer until Liberty was 1 month old**
ReplyDeleteReading this brings back a lot of memories! Happy be-lated birthday, Liberty!
ReplyDelete** wanted to add that Liberty weighed 7lbs and was 18 inches long. ** :)
ReplyDelete