16 years ago a beautiful, much longed for little girl was born. I was just shy of 19 years old and was 12 days over due with baby #1. Leon and I got up that morning at 4am with butterflies in our bellies:) I showered and ate a piece of toast. I was soo nervous. See,I was getting induced at 7:30am. My placenta was dieing so it wasn't giving proper food to our baby anymore. I was dialated to 3cm and 90% soft but still labor would not begin on it's own. We arrived at the hospital early and sat in our car. I remember another young gal arrived too and got out of her car giggling and excited. When we got into the hospital she was in there saying how excited she was and couldn't wait for labor to begin. I thought she was crazy. Oh,I was so very excited for our baby to come but I also had been told very clearly how much pain it was going to be:) My mom made sure I was aware of that. I guess she didn't like it when she was shocked with her first:) Anyways I was hooked up to the "pit" at 7:30am and labor began right away. I was so scared and nervous and my mom had told me I should get an epideral. So I did right away. I felt like things were going along slow but when my mom stopped by at 11:45am I was dialated to 7cm and about 100% soft. Mom said that she was sure it wouldn't be long now.Mom was really worried that I was going to need a c-section though.( The Dr. was concerned that I might need a c-section since I was shaped wrong. He said he thought I could deliver up to 8lbs but no bigger.) Just after mom left the room they checked me and said I was 10cm and ready to push. I pushed 1 1/2 hrs and then our beautiful little girl was born at 1:35pm weighing 7lbs 10oz. and was 20 inches long! She was perfect!! HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY FELICITY MARIE!!! We love you so very much and thank God for you!!

Felicity Marie :)
Felicity 16 years old :)
Happy birthday Felicity!!! Sweet 16!
ReplyDeletelove love birth stories.. wow our kiddos are growing up way to fast!!
ReplyDelete